Tuesday 25 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Books On My Syllabus


As it's a Tuesday, I wanted to start taking part in The Broke and Bookish weekly book tag. This week is to list 'The Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught _______ 101' (such as fantasy, classics, world-building etc.). As a sucker for all things lovey-dovey, cute and down-to-earth, I decided to pick my top ten contemporaries. These books that I listed below also happen to be some of my all time favourite books as contemporary is easily my favourite genre when it comes to reading. They are kind-of in a particular order of preference, but it's very difficult to judge exactly which are my favourites as they're all so good to me. There are a few that are listed as the entire series because I just wanted to count them as one.

But without further ado, here are my:

Top Ten Books(/series) That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught:



1. Anna and the French Kiss Trio By Stephanie Perkins



2. Confessions of Georgia Nicolson By Louise Rennison
Yep. ALL of them. 'The Misadventures of Tullulah Casey' are also hilarious and brilliant.

ALL OF THEM

3. Winger By Andrew Smith
All the feels with this one

4. Fangirl By Rainbow Rowell
Although, any Rainbow Rowell book can easily qualify, 'Fangirl' is just more adorable and relatable.

5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour By Morgan Matson
'Since You've Been Gone' is also a easy contender, but I kinda preferred this one.



6. Any John Green Book
An obvious choice when it comes to contemporary. I can never choose a favourite so I listed them all.



7. The Rosie Project By Graeme Simsion
First adult contender on the list. So much love for this book. Let's just not mention the sequel though.

8. Lobsters By Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
This unexpectedly turned into one of my favourite books ever. Also, lobsters on the cover seems to be a common theme...

9. I've Got Your Number By Sophie Kinsella
Another adult one, such an emotional rollercoaster



10. Jill Mansell's Books
Maybe not all of them, but most the books I've read by her don't usually fail to make me go 'awwwwwww' 






2 comments:

  1. I think everyone should read these as they grow up! I adore Stephanie Perkins and Louise Rennison's writing. Although I'll be honest I didn't realise there were so many of her Confessions Series.

    Great list,
    Happy Reading
    Rachel @ paein-and-ms4tune.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so loved The Rosie Project! Great choice for your syllabus :) And I've never heard of Jill Mansell - will definitely be checking into her books. My TTT

    ReplyDelete